Developed by The Gund Company, PolyPro FR® is a UL-listed flame retardant Polypropylene extruded for electrical and thermal insulation applications in electronic power system equipment. Found in industries such as; telecommunications, electric vehicles, home appliances, renewable energy, power distribution, electronics, and more, this material is a universal and low-cost solution for many applications.
- Data Centers and Telecommunications
- Electric Vehicle Battery
- Battery Chargers
- Solar Inverters and Combiner Boxes
- Consumer Electronics
- UPS, DC Power and Rectifiers
- Low and Medium Voltage Switchgear
- Power Distribution Equipment
PolyPro FR® Literature
Electric Vehicle Applications
PolyPro FR® by The Gund Company is a UL Listed flame retardant polypropylene extruded for use in electric vehicle battery and charger applications. With performance in mind, PolyPro FR® is a low-cost solution.
Manufactured in the United States, PolyPro FR® features exceptional dielectric strength, high chemical and moisture resistance, and an elevated temperature rating. These properties make it an ideal material in virtually any power insulation environment. PolyPro FR® is manufactured and converted in multiple methods to meet the unique requirements of our customers.
Click here to learn more about our Electric Vehicle applications
Data Center & Telecommunication Applications
The Gund Company understands the importance of airflow management in a data center. While proper airflow is essential for equipment functionality, it is also one of the easiest ways to reduce energy costs associated with running a data center. PolyPro FR’s material composition makes it an excellent choice for airflow management applications such as blanking panels and air baffles. PolyPro FR can also be used for cable tray liners and holders, preventing cables from tangling or snagging in a cable tray.
Cable Tray Liners
Made in the USA
- Sold directly from The Gund Company and manufactured in the US, readily available in 7 locations in 4 countries.
- PolyPro FR® from The Gund Company is a UL certified product: E228440
- UL 94 V-0 rated in the full-thickness range of 0.005” – 0.125”
- Very low water absorption
- Excellent fabrication and formability characteristics
- Available in Black or White as a roll, sheet, or fabricated part
- Offers temperature resistance to 110 °C per UL testing
- Provides a lower-cost alternative for designs incorporating the use of materials such as Formex®, Nomex® 410, Valox, Mylar Polyester Film, Vulcanized Fibre, Voltoid, and Quin-T products
- Excellent Dielectric Breakdown strength
- Additional thickness and colors are available upon request.
- All thicknesses available 48“ wide, allow scrap reduction.
- Made and stocked in the U.S.
How can you process/convert PolyPro FR®?
- Die Cutting – Steel Rule Die, Rotary Dies
- Laser or Water Jet Cutting
- Heat Forming
- Machining – CNC Mills and Turrets
- Joinery Methods
- Lamination, Pressure Sensitive Adhesives (PSA), Aluminum and Copper foil
The Gund Company offers all the conversion processes mentioned above in all 11 of our facilities across 4 countries.
Common Applications for PolyPro FR®
- Phase-to-Phase Barriers
- Fuse Board Insulation
- Switch Insulation
- Terminal Insulation
- Fuse Clip Insulation
- Air Duct Baffles
- Formed Channels
- Ground Insulation
- Chassis / Enclosure Liner
- PCB Insulators / Liners
- Insulating Spacers
- Insulating Shields
- Bus Bar Insulation
- Capacitor Insulation
PolyPro FR® from The Gund Company is a UL equivalent to ITW Formex GK®. PolyPro FR® offers a significant cost advantage and numerous other advantages over common flexible materials in the industry.
Cable tray liner, data center cable tray, data center cable, PolyPro FR, Datacenter air baffle, PCB insulation, power supply insulation, blanking panel, Cable tray liner, data center cable tray, data center cable, PolyPro FR, Data center air baffle, PCB insulation, power supply insulation, blanking panel.Low-cost solution for data center blanking panels and cable tray liners. Easy installation. Simple and effective way to reduce operating costs, set-up costs, and improve security for data centers of all sizes. UL 94-V0 classified. Comes in any shape, any size, and multiple colors. Other applications: Air baffles, power supply insulation, cable holders. Contact us today!