DEVELOPED BY THE GUND COMPANY, POLYPRO FR® IS A UL-LISTED FLAME-RETARDANT POLYPROPYLENE EXTRUDED FOR ELECTRICAL AND THERMAL INSULATION APPLICATIONS IN POWER SYSTEM EQUIPMENT.
Found in industries such as; telecommunications, electric vehicles, home appliances, renewable energy, power distribution, electronics, and more, this material is a universal and low-cost solution for many applications.
Manufactured in the United States, PolyPro FR® features exceptional dielectric strength, high chemical and moisture resistance, and an elevated temperature rating. These properties make it an ideal material in virtually any power insulation environment. PolyPro FR® is manufactured and converted in multiple methods to meet the unique requirements of our customers.
- Data Centers and Telecommunications
- Electric Vehicle Battery
- Battery Chargers
- Solar Inverters and Combiner Boxes
- Consumer Electronics
- UPS, DC Power and Rectifiers
- Low and Medium Voltage Switchgear
- Power Distribution Equipment
- Single Phase and Three Phase and Power Supplies
PolyPro FR® is a flame-retardant insulation for battery cells and modules that provides dielectric protection in custom shapes without losing form in elevated temperature or cell expansion.
- Cell Spacers
- Module Covers
- Module Liners
PolyPro FR® is a flame-retardant insulation for battery packs. It provides dielectric protection at a low profile to prevent surges and arcing between the pack and module even at high temperatures.
- Battery Pack Liners
- Busbar Insulation
- BMS Insulation
Power Systems with a DC and AC battery charger require flexible insulation to prevent surges and arching. PolyPro FR® is a flame-retardant solution to help the unit run as efficiently as possible.
- Power Supply Insulation
- Battery Insulation
- Enclosure Insulation
DATA CENTER & TELECOMMUNICATION APPLICATIONS
The Gund Company understands the importance of airflow management in a data center. While proper airflow is essential for equipment functionality, it is also one of the easiest ways to reduce energy costs associated with running a data center.
PolyPro FR’s material composition makes it an excellent choice for airflow management applications such as blanking panels and air baffles. PolyPro FR can also be used for cable tray liners and holders, preventing cables from tangling or snagging in a cable tray.
Cable Tray Liners
- Easy to install
- Reduces cable snagging, prevents cable tangling
- Blocks unsightly views or cables
- Prevents cool air from escaping empty rack space
- Reduces energy costs associated with cool air generation
- Custom sizes to meet any rack
- Directs airflow and prevents seepage into unmanaged airflow areas
- Reduces costs associated with thermal management
- Formable to any shape to match any design layout
MADE IN THE USA
- Sold directly from The Gund Company and manufactured in the US, readily available in 12 locations in 4 countries.
- PolyPro FR® from The Gund Company is a UL-certified product: E228440
- UL 94 V-0 rated in the full-thickness range of 0.005” – 0.125”
- Very low water absorption
- Excellent fabrication and formability characteristics
- Available in Black or White as a roll, sheet, or fabricated part
- Offers temperature resistance to 110 °C per UL testing
- Provides a lower-cost alternative for designs incorporating the use of materials such as Formex®, Nomex® 410, Valox, Mylar Polyester Film, Vulcanized Fibre, Voltoid, and Quin-T products
- Excellent Dielectric Breakdown strength
- Additional thickness and colors are available upon request.
- All thicknesses available 48“wide, allow scrap reduction.
- Made and stocked in the U.S.
HOW CAN YOU PROCESS/CONVERT POLYPRO FR®?
- Die Cutting – Steel Rule Die, Rotary Dies
- Laser or Water Jet Cutting
- Heat Forming
- Machining – CNC Mills and Turrets
- Joinery Methods
- Lamination, Pressure Sensitive Adhesives (PSA), Aluminum and Copper foil
COMMON APPLICATIONS FOR POLYPRO FR®
- Phase-to-Phase Barriers
- Fuse Board Insulation
- Switch Insulation
- Terminal Insulation
- Fuse Clip Insulation
- Air Duct Baffles
- Formed Channels
- Ground Insulation
- Chassis / Enclosure Liner
- PCB Insulators / Liners
- Insulating Spacers
- Insulating Shields
- Bus Bar Insulation
- Capacitor Insulation