Engineered Material Solutions: PolyPro FR
We proudly offer PolyPro FR™ Flame Retardant Polypropylene electrical insulation material with a complete range of thicknesses for electrical insulation applications in electrical and electronic equipment.
PolyPro FR™ is an option to replace materials such as:
Nomex 410 in non-220C applications
Formex & Formex GK
PolyPro FR™ offers the following characteristics:
- UL 94 Rated V-O including the thinner thicknesses such as .010”, .017”, and .031”. UL 94 V-0 testing completed by Eltek Laboratories with test data available upon request.
- Extremely low water absorption (less than .01% after immersion for 24 hours) meeting UL requirements for use in outdoor equipment.
- Suitable for outdoor use with respect to exposure to Ultraviolet Light, Water Exposure and Immersion in accordance with UL 746C.
- UL Recognized under UL Card Number # E228440.
- Offers excellent fabrication and formability characteristics allowing the low cost production of insulation components.
- Offers temperature resistance to 110oC per UL testing satisfying the UL requirement for 105oC temperature class applications.
- Provides a lower cost alternative for designs now specifying the use of materials such as Formex, Nomex 410, Valox, Mylar Polyester Film, Vulcanized Fibre, Duroid, and Quin-T products.
The Gund Company recommends a complete insulation system design review in order to determine potential cost savings available from the incorporation of PolyPro FR. Because TGC can supply a full range of insulation materials, we can offer quotations for all insulation material options in order to present a complete picture of the design alternatives and potential cost savings.
For more information including technical data, visit our website: www.PolyProFR.com